Monday, April 7, 2014

Well Let's Get Started.....

Hello, .....

Okay this is harder then it should be.

I'm Rachel. I grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere South Dakota, which is pretty much the whole state. When looking for a college to go to after high school I decided on a small college, in a small college town, in the middle of nowhere. Okay so it was only 45 min from a much bigger city but still, in the middle of nowhere.

I met a boy a school (which is really hard when you go to a small school and there isn't a very big selection). This boy happened to be from the big city. Who would have thought a small town girl living in a lonely weird would be a city boy born and raised in South Detroit. Okay so he wasn't from Detroit. When the boy decided he couldn't stand the small town life anymore he dragged me with him back to the big city.

I'm happy to be in a big city, not just for all the activities that come with living in a big city, but also the job opportunities that exist. I now work at a well known bank in their IT department as a "Managed Resource W/System Access" in other words I'm just a programmer/analyst contracted to work for them. I really like what I do and I'm glad I took the risk and moved 8hrs from home. The only draw back about my job and moving to a big city is that I work in a prominently male profession. (Don't get me wrong I have worked with quite a few women programmers but none that were my age.) This makes it really hard to make friends. This leaves plenty of time for my brain to think about random things......


No comments:

Post a Comment