Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Old Stuff and New Stuff

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was exactly eventful (unlike most weekends). It rained pretty much all day  on Saturday but that didn't stop us from taking the new light rail to downtown Saint Paul to check out all the awesome old buildings. I'll show you some of my pictures tomorrow. Sunday was a day full of eating...... first we had a Mediterranean bunch at Santorini's  and then Famous Dave's for supper with some of my family. I was still full yesterday from all the food. Now on to the good stuff.

OLD STUFF

I know it has been awhile since I decided I was going to go through the stuff I have that I don't use anymore, well I have finally gotten around to taking picture of ALL the stuff I'm going to donate to Good Will. 

AND BEHOLD.........




All the clothes and random junk that I'm going to get rid of. There isn't as much as I was hoping there would be. Oh well if we move next year hopefully  I will get rid of more. For now I'm just happy that I was able to get rid of some of my stuff. 

NEW STUFF

Last week I was reading one of the blogs I follow and there was a post about Young Living. I figured I would check it out even though I wasn't really sure about essential oils but Emily at Decor Chick was really excited about them. I read the post and was hooked. I just had to try these oils out for myself. I have heard a lot of buzz out them but I just thought they were fragrances, but man was I wrong. So of the oils that I was really excited to try  were the ones that help with headaches and sleeplessness. I suffer from frequent sometimes debilitating headaches (I take almost 800mg everyday). I don't like taking a lot of medicine for them because of the side effects. When I saw that there was an essential oil to help relieve headache and sleepless I knew I had to try them. There are also essential oils to help with stress and relieve tension in muscles; something else I suffer from. 

Not only to Emily talk about how essential oils are helpful but about the benefits of joining Young Living. You can see her post here and her post about the Essential Rewards program that just adds to the awesomeness of being an Essential Rewards member here

I ordered the Premium Starter Kit with Aroma Diffuser. This is what I got.

11 Essential Oils, 2 samples each of Lavender, Lemon, Peace and Calming, Peppermint, and Thieves
. I can't wait to share the samples with friends or strangers. I also received  the new aroma diffuser. I had to put Purification in there right away to refresh the apartment. It smells so good. The diffuser has three different settings; Off, On 1HR, On 4HR. I like that I can just set it and it will shut off on its own. 


I have not started the Essentials Rewards yet but plan to shortly. I just got to figure out what I want to put in my first order. 

If you also want to join Young Living you can click here. If will take you to the sign up page. My member number is already plugged in for you. When you sign up it there will be a spot for you to sign up for Essential Rewards but you don't have to that right away, you can wait and do it anytime. 

By the way, please ignore the floral pattern in all the pictures. The pattern belongs to the couch I got for free from my Grandparents. I love the shape of the couch so I plan on adding a white slip cover at some point. I just have to get around to it. But that is a post for another day. 

Have you heard all the buzz about essential oils? How do you go about getting rid of unnecessary stuff? I would love some pointers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment